THE MINISTERIAL EVENT IS HAPPENING HERE IN
The High Ambition Coalition (HAC) for Nature and People is an intergovernmental group of more than 45 countries co-chaired by Costa Rica and France and by the United Kingdom as Ocean co-chair, championing a global deal for nature and people that can halt the accelerating loss of species, and protect vital ecosystems that are the source of our economic security.
In order to address both the biodiversity crisis and the climate crisis, there is growing scientific research that the necessary interim goal is to achieve a minimum of 30% protection of land and ocean by 2030.
OUR MINISTERIAL EVENT WILL FEATURE
10+ High-Level Speakers
- Ms. Andrea Meza | Minister of Environment and Energy – Costa Rica
- Mme. Bérangère Abba | Secretary of State for Biodiversity – France
- Rt Hon Lord Zac Goldsmith | Minister of State (Minister for Pacific and the Environment) – United Kingdom
- Mrs. Mary Robinson | former President of Ireland and former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Virginijus Sinkevičius | Commissioner for the Environment,Oceans and Fisheries, at the European Commission
- Dr. Enric Sala | National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence
- Elizabeth Maruma Mrema | Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Carlos Manuel Rodriguez | CEO and Chairperson of the Global Environment Facility (GEF)
50+ Members to be announced
Here on the 11th of January.
THE HIGH-LEVEL MINISTERIAL EVENT
How Long is the Event?
The event will take 90 minutes and will happen from 18:30 to 20:00 CET.
Can I watch it anywhere else?
The event will also be streamed as part of the One Planet Summit event in their Youtube, Sites and other social media accounts.
Is it going to be available to watch later?
The event will be streamed to this site and everal social media outlets. It will be available here for 90 days and in the HAC institutional website and social media accounts after that.
Can I watch it on my smartphone?
The website of the event, as the social media outlets that will be streaming the event are mobile friendly, so watching in a smaprtphone or tablet is fine.